Monday, June 9, 2008

Just Me by Trish N.

I had to go to a work party tonight, a small departmental gathering. It was an intimate setting, expensive wine and lots of polite and (office) politically correct conversation.

I do have this rule now, when Annie, my colleague, goes home, I have to leave too, because I always get into trouble when she's not around. For some reason, I can't mix free food, happy hour and work people on my own. She's my trusty barometer for allowed drunken behavior. So, I leave early, at a decent hour, quite proud of myself for being a lady and not saying the wrong thing, at the right time, to the wrong person...which I've done before – sober. BUT,On my way home, who do I run into - my Boss (!), the only person who wasn't at the party, taking the same train at the same time in the same car with me. (Me: tipsy. Him: innocent bystander and slightly confused).

To say the least that was the longest eight-minute commute ever for both of us combined. Life has a real funny sense of humor sometimes. Unfortunately, I don't when I'm tipsy. Now, I'm really sure he'll have a word or two with me...



Trish N. Bio

After leaving the corporate world of banking and finance, Trish N., an aspiring New York writer and yoga enthusiast, has decided to take cabs home from now on. Currently she dreams of living in a Brooklyn brownstone someday with her beloved kitty, but Manhattan will always be her first true love...

No comments: